Thursday, June 23, 2011

Education time

Great book!

I read a lot, I always have something to read and I always find the time for it. I know that good knitting books are hard to find, so I fallowed the advice of all the knitters I admired and I decided to go ahead and picked "the must read book" which is suppose to be a good, old fashion and complete. Based on that yesterday I started reading -Knitting without tears by Elizabeth Zimmermann- and boy that this book has a lot of helpful tips! I wonder why all the big knitters love this book! Wonder no more!
I love the way that she explains things, because she mixes the techniques with her personal life, normal knitting problems and questions that you might have sometimes while knitting. So far I really like it.
I wouldn't recommend this book for a beginner though, because it doesn't have a lot of pictures, it's more like "a knitter talking to another knitter and sharing the big secrets of knitting. If you are an intermediate or experience knitter everything she says on the book is going to make sense to you.
It's always good to keep educating yourself a little more on the topics you like the most, it's never too late to learn new things! Learning is like a super food for your brain, it makes it faster and happier!
Lots of hugs for you!

1 comment:

Evelyn said...

Thanks for this great review ... I'll be sure to add it to my list of "must reads!" xo