Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Charity and life

Where to start? mmmm... well I have been busy! Yes that is right, that's the word, busy, but in a good way.
Since my last post I didn't stop moving and making and swimming, and hanging out with friends. I finished all the jewelry, my client loved it!! I was so proud of myself, I like to see when people is happy wearing my creations!

I got to go to the pool a lot these days, and that is my favorite, I love water!!! Did I say that I love water? I must have been a fish in a past life! hahaha

Yesterday I went to the post office to deliver a happy package, I knitted hats to donate to the Hat in the Box Foundation. Then I got hocked and keep looking for more places to donate knitting items! I found a place that seems really cool that it's called Knit-a -square, this organization send the squares to South Africa to Orphan children  with AIDS. So I have package ready to go with crocheted squares and now I am working on a square vest for the same organization I want to knit at least 3 or 4 so I can send them all together otherwise the postage is going to get really expensive. To be honest, the best feeling comes when you give away without waiting for anything in return.

 ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Today I went to Safeway and I saw a propaganda about Diabetes,(as you might know my father is type 1 diabetic, and he has to use insulin every day) it was about a big walked, the "Step Out Walk to fight Diabetes". You know what... I am going to do it! I am going to walked 4 miles for my dad, for the cure to this horrendous disease.. I am going to called him tonight and I ma going to tell him what I am going to do, I can wait to hear what he has to say... he is going to be really happy and he is gonna say, " yes let go find the cure". I have three friends that might joy me. (I am really happy about this!)
 ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Tonight my hubby and I are going to have dinner with two friends, we are going to Maggiano's, it's so yummy! I already know what I am going to have! hahaha I pic at the menu already shhhhh!

Well I have to go, but first I want to say something. I've been reading a lot lately remember that I told you so, for that reason I have a good recommendation to give you guys, there is a book that I am sure that you might have read already, but in case you haven't you MUST read it, it's called
A thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini, he is the author who wrote The Kite Runner another excellent book, But this book  is incredible and if you are an independent woman it is going to touch your heart, and is going to make smile, and cry you'll feel like you want to get in the book and help!. One of my favorite books so far.
If anybody has a good book to recommend please let me know, I always like to hear different opinions!

♥♥♥♥Before I forget if you have any baby hats that you don't want or you feel like knitting a baby hat for preemie babies and want to send it to me please let me know I will be more than happy to collect them and take them myself to the Prince William Hospital.♥♥♥♥
Hugs to everybody!

 I

No comments: