Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I will have my Owls

Owl sweater by Kate Davies.
On Sunday afternoon I decided to bring my needles out of the dust and start a new project for me. I’ve wanted to knit the Owl sweater by Kate Davies. I just simply loved this pattern since the first time I saw it, and since I have the perfect yarn for it “Suri Alpaca and Extra-Fine Merino Wool Yarn, I went for it! I bought this yarn on December of last year at a great price! The texture of this Suri-Merino is wonderful, so soft and light.
My plan is to finish this project on time to go to Argentina this July (winter time down there). I know that we are just at the end of April, but on spring/summer I slow down a lot on my knitting, simply because I have a lot to do, who doesn’t. I love being outside, talking my dogs with my husband, going to the pool, my Yoga classes, hanging out with my hubby and friends, going put for drinks, making jewelry, cooking sweets, and on rainy days knitting!!
Since I’m not very skillful on circulars needles it takes me a little longer to progress on my knitting, but so far so good, surprisingly I’m knitting much faster now! Finally! And since I haven’t knit anything since last February this project feels good. I can see energy sparkling off of my fingers tips!



Changing the subject, I have been reading a lot lately. I’ve already read 10 full books. My challenge is 30. Yesterday I finished reading “Water for Elephants”, it was fantastic and with a very unexpected ending. Now, I’m reading book #11 on the list, its called “Tatiana and Alexander”.
Something interesting: I use this website www.goodreads.com and it’s great because you can keep track of every book you have ever read. They also have giveaways yes for free! I got lucky sometimes and so far I’ve won 4 books! In on day I won 2!!!

Well friends, I have to go now. You have a wonderful day and I’ll see later,
A big hug for you!

No comments: