Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The meaning of my Collection's name

I have been working in some amigurumi projects. I realized that is one of the best things that I can make. When I’m making them, I just start imagining things, like where they come from, making up names and I finally have like a long story for each toy. And if I pick a named for them is for sure that it has a meaning for me. I like things when they have a meaning and are related to something positive and happy.

He estado trabajando en algunos projectos de Amigurumis que tenía pendiente. Me di cuenta que es una de las cosas que más lindas me salen. Cuando los estoy creando empiezo a imaginarme de donde son, los nombres que van a tener y al final tengo una larga historia para cada muñequito. Cuando elijo los nombres es porque tienen un significado para mi. Me gustan las cosas que a parte de tener significado están relacionadas a memorias felices y onda positiva.

I’ve been thinking about a name for my collection for a long time, I finally came up with one!
I’m going to name my collection of Amigurumis "Tata’s Collection". You might be wondering why? Well as I said before every name that I pick has to have a meaning for me. You see the story for this one (Tata) is simple and loving.
My brother is 4 years younger than me. When he was little like 2 or 3 years old he couldn't say my name Sabrina or the word sister, so he started to call me "Tata".
Now for special dates, he writes an email and always says “For my Tata…
I think that not a lot of people know this story (well know a lot of people is going to know it!) So, because that word means so much to me, and my toys are made with lots of love that’s why I decided to use the word Tata for my collection of sweet Amigurumis.

Estuve pensando por un tiempo largo un nombre lindo para mi colección de Amigurumis, y saben que? finalmente encontre uno!
Voy a llamar mi colección de Amigurumis "Colección Tata".
Ustedes estarán pensando por qué? Bueno como dije antes cada nombre que elijo tiene que tener un significado para mi. Miren la historia para este nombre " TATA" es simple y tierna; Resulta que cuando mi hermanito tenia 2 o 3 años no podia decir mi nombre Sabrina o toda la palabra hermana, así que empezó a llamarme "Tata".
Ahora para fechas especiales, como las fiestas, cumpleaños etc.. el me escribe un email y siempre pone "para la Tata"...
Creo que no mucha gente sabe esta historia (bueno ahora la va a saber medio mundo). Así que porque esa palabra significa muchisimo para mi y todos mi muñequitos (amigurumis) estan hechos con mucho amor,he decidido usar este tierno nombre para mi colección de dulces Amigurumis.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Oh my goodness Sabrina, that made me cry. Such of a sweet and loving story.

My girls are the same way. L. can't say K.'s name completely so she calls her "Lala". It's so sweet and loving. K. actually gets upset if her friends or her cousins call her Lala because she says "That is something only my Sissy can call me!"